Friday, March 8, 2013

Brag Blog


Just a little moment to brag on our 14 year old angel. In this whole chore system-- after dog walking-- she would give up cooking if she could. She has to prepare dinner two nights a week. She is not into it. She isn't what you would call an enthusiastic cook, but she trudges through her task with about as much excitement as a bump on a pickle.

Well, this week we stepped it up. I dropped her at Publix with my debit card and her grocery list. She was not thrilled at the thought of going in alone and, to be honest, I had trepidation as well. Not for any reason in particular, but it just seemed strange. I don't know why because by her age my mom was sending me into the grocery all the time, but it was just odd seeing her go in alone with a list. My thought was that if she owned the whole dinner it would make her feel more attached to the meal. I mean it's worth a shot right?

After 15 minutes sweet teen angel emerged with ingredients for our dinner and a smile. She said, "I feel so grown up!" And then she said, "Did you know you can get both soft and hard taco shells in one box?" It doesn't take a lot to get us excited here at the Dew House.

Next I dropped she and baby angel at home to start dinner and I headed off to get the other one from tennis. The girls were on their own. They did a great job! Taco dinner with homemade seasoning and two types of shells. Along with rice and all the fixings, it was a great dinner and all the better knowing it was thought, bought (sort of) and prepared by the girls! Our kids really can do more than we think.

**As for the picture....she had just finished playing golf and really didn't want me to take the picture so we compromised. I wanted to take it in the Publix parking lot, but she wasn't having any of that...can't blame a mom for trying!


No comments:

Post a Comment