Thursday, February 28, 2013

Moderation Mama


Finding the balance between toughness and love in parenting my children is the number one problem I face in being a mom. 

I want a rule book that says, "When Child A says X, Mom says Y". I must have left that book at the hospital. 

Speaking of the hospital, am I the only mother out there who couldn't believe that the nurses were letting me take this little person home? I remember thinking inside that even though I had read every book and logged hours of TLC's Baby Story, this real live baby was freaking me out and I didn't know what I was doing.  

Thinking back to that day, I realize that those nurses should have absolutely blockaded the doors. I didn't know what the heck I was doing, but with parenting the learning is IN the doing! 

I have made  make more than my fair share of mistakes daily in parenting. I am an all or nothing kind of girl. I am either eating three meals a day at Krispy Kreme or I am on some low carb something or other diet and running 3 miles a day. All in or all out. I can be that way in parenting as well. 

I can either be super permissive and disconnected or Army General and over the top. I am working on being more in the middle. Moderation in all things...right? I have been angry way too much with my kids and I have turned my head way too often as well. And every single day that I have been a mom I have felt guilty about something. 

My prayer is that God covers the gaps that I leave and that I will have enough money for a college fund AND a therapy fund! 

Happy Weekend! May your household run in smooth moderation!

No comments:

Post a Comment